In this section, you will find:
- The Shifts in ABC : Ven. Dhammananda reminded me that we need to record the shifts that occurred under ABC. .... READ MORE
- 'Rebel' female Buddhist monks challenge Thailand status quo :In this Aug. 23, 2015, photo, women Buddhist monks receive alms from the faithful in Nakhon Pathom, Thailand. ....
Read More Article ... www.bigstory.ap.org/article / /Or/ / http://siouxcityjournal.com/lifestyles/
- The Monastics :Day and night, the Petkasen Highway thunders with traffic, connecting the manic hub that is Bangkok to the southern provinces and lush national forests of Kanchanaburi. .... Read more
- Buddhists Go to the White House:The streets of Washington DC were lined with blossoms and greenery, the prospect of promise. .... Read more
- Thailand's Rebel Buddhist Nun: by Laura SecorunPalet APR 19,2016 .... TODAY'S OZY
- If the robes fit...: The monkhood has long been off limits to women, but one 'bhikkhuni' is pushing for change, arguing the tradition is based on nothing more than a misguided technicality .... Bangkok Post
- Thai TV anchor turned monk fights for women's right to be ordained: In Thailand, where women are forbidden from being ordained, a former TV anchor turned 'bhikkhuni' is shaking up the old guard.... Post Magazine
- Ordination in both Sanghas : In 1928 when Narin Klueng instated on his daughters , Sara and Chongdi be ordained as bhikkhuni and samaneri respectively. The ordination was secretive and up till now it was not disclosed how it was done, whether there were chapter of bhikkhus giving ordination or not...Read more
- Bhikkhuni Upasampada is done only in Bhikkhu sangha : It has long been misunderstood that ordination of bhikkhuni must be done by both sanghas. For this reason bhikkhuni ordination was seen as not possible as there were no bhikkhunis in Thailand through 700 years of history... Read more
- An Interview of Radio program in Denmark : In Thailand, a rather unusual life folds out in one of the country's thousands of temples: Contrary to tradition, all residents women - and declared feminists. They call themselves female monks - bhikkhuni - and despite the scepticism from their society, they insist on their right to be ordained – its their heritage from Buddha. : Read More.
Social media presence, videos of speeches:
Youtube channel of Ven. Dhammananda (most videos in English): Dhammananda Bhikkhuni
Youtube channel of the monastery (some videos available in English): Songdhammakalyani Bhikkhuni Arama
TED speech: Ven. Dhammananda on Empowering Our Potentiality – speech at TEDxDoiSuthep, Oct 8, 2011: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0jH8-hPwg0
Facebook (Thai language only):
Songdhammakalyani monastery: https://www.facebook.com/songdhammakalyani.monastery?fref=ts
Thai Bhikkhunis: https://www.facebook.com/thai.bhikkhunis?fref=ts
Under both her names Chatsumarn Kabilsingh as well as Dhammananda Bhikkhuni, Ven. Dhammananda has published more than 100 books, for both contributing to the academic discourse as well as engaging the general public.
We are currently looking to make this wealth of information available to the English-speaking public. If you would like to know more about the possibility to contribute to this project (e.g. by volunteering with your language skills or making a donation), please contact Ven. Dhammananda.
List of publications available in English:
- A Comparative Study of Bhikkhunã Pàtimokkha. Chaukhambha Orientalia: India, 1981.
- A Cry From the Forest.1981. (further information unavailable)
- A Different Voice. Phra Nakorn, Thailand: Thai Tibet Center, 2010.
- Beyond Gender. Chiang Mai, Thailand: Foundation for Women, Law and Rural Development (FORWARD) and Women's Studies Center (WSC), Faculty of Social Sciences, Chiang Mai University, 2007.
- Bhikkhuni Pàtimokkha of the Six Existing Schools.tr. Bangkok, 1991. Sri Satguru Publications, 1998.
- Bhikkhuni Ta Tao. Paving the Way for Future Generations. In Karma Lekshe Tsomo (Ed.), Eminent Buddhist Women (pp. 61-70). New York: State University of New York Press, 2014.
- Buddhism and Nature Conservation. Bangkok, Thailand: Thammasat University Press, 1998.
- ISBN: 9789745716568
- 2nd Publishing: ISBN 9746169037750
- Buddhist perception of Nature. Toyota Foundation, Bangkok.
- "Early Buddhists on Nature" in This Sacred Earth by Roger S. Gottlieb. Routledge, 2004. 130-133.
- "Reading Buddhist Texts with New Light" in Buddhist Exploration of Peace and Justice by Chanju Mun and Ronald S. Green. Honolulu, HI: Blue Pine Books, 2006. 89-96.
- Everything Begins in Our Heart. Moral Center, Bangkok, 2006.
- Herstory. Phra Nakorn, Thailand: Thai Tibet Center, 2012.
- My Sri Lankan Lineage. Phra Nakorn, Thailand: Songsayam Co. Ltd., 2013.
- Q&A on Ordination of Buddhist Women. Phra Nakorn, Thailand:Thai Tibet Center, 2011.
- Thai Women in Buddhism. Berkeley, CA: Parallax Press, 1991.
- Training the Monkey Mind. Dharma talks collected during 2002/2008. Nakhon Pathom, Thailand, 2008.
- Women and Buddhism. Institute of Women's Studies (St. Scholastica's College), Isis International (Manila, Philippines). Manila: Isis International, 1996.
- Women in Buddhism: Questions and Answers. First published 1998.
- ISBN: 9745726079
- Available for free as eBook
- Women Strengthening Buddhism. Phra Nakorn, Thailand: Thai Tibet Center, 2010.
- Yasodhara. (Quarterly newsletter for bhikkhunis and Buddhist women in 35 countries, published by Ven. Dhammananda from 1984-2014. Current news distribution channels include the website newslog, Facebook and Youtube channels as well as a weekly column in a major Thai magazine).
- Feed back on 4-week International Monastic Training from Monica (Italy).
Some years ago I got across this strangely familiar book. I had always been fascinated by previous lives stories but never really had the chance to read anything of that kind.... READ MORE
- Feed back on IMT from Soojung (S.Korea).
It was last February. One day, a friend of mine told me about a documentary film that he was pretty sure that I might be interested in. He didn’t tell me what the documentary was about. He just send me a web address without any information..... READ MORE
Ven.Dhammananda’s books in English
(Asso.prof.Dr Chatsumarn Kabilsingh)
Buddhism and nature Conservation, 1998 B.220 $12
Beyond Gender, 2007 B.180 $10
Training the Monkey mind,2008, B.150 $12
Ā different Voice, 2010 B.220 $12
Women Strengthening Buddhism, 2010, B.220 $12
Q&Ā on Ordination of Buddhist Women 2011 $8
Everything Begins here…in our hearts 2011 B. 180 $10
Letters from India, 1962-1965 printed 2012 B.180 $10
Herstory, 2012 B.150 $8
My Sri Lankan Lineage, 2013 B.190 $12
With your order Kindly add $5 to each book for postage.
Personal check from US is accepted.
You can also send the payment through our bank.
Bank : Siam Commercial Bank ltd.
Send us the scanned receipt.