This is an annoucement for BWR 2005. Buddhist Women in Residence (BWR) is an annual 3-month training course for Buddhist women, both monastics and lay. BWR 2005 will be the fourth one. It is the only international training offered for Buddhist women so far.
Our object is to prepare ordained women to lead a proper and meaningful monastic life in Theravada setting. The training intends to fortify oneself in order to strengthen Buddhism in society.
Purposes of the training
- to study Buddhism and to learn how to observe the Vinaya properly.
- to train to live harmoniously in the sangha.
- to empower Buddhist women to be more socially engaged.
A candidate should be:
- A female monastic or laywoman who is seriously interested to lead monastic lifestyle.
- Between 18-50 (or as long as age does not pose a problem)
- In good physical and mental health.
- With minimum high school education with sufficient conversational English.
- Recommended by a teacher.
Participant should arrive with non-im-migrant visa to stay for the whole vassa July 21-Oct.23,2005
Registration fee $250 per person. Max.30 persons.
Participant should provide her own transportation to the venue, boarding and lodging will be sponsored by the temple.
For further information and application form please contact
195 Petkasem Hwy, Muang Dist.
Nakhonpathom 73000, Thailand